The Immunization Data Registry Act, 410 ILCS 527, authorizes the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to develop and maintain an immunization data registry to collect, store, analyze, release and report immunization data. Accordingly, IDPH has established the Illinois Comprehensive Automated Immunization Registry Exchange (I-CARE Registry). Protecting the privacy of clients and the security of the data contained in the I-CARE Registry is a high priority for IDPH.
The information contained in the I-CARE Registry shall only be used for the following purposes:
- To provide immunization services to the client, including reminder/recall notices.
- Permit schools to determine the individual immunization status of their students.
- Eliminate the administration of duplicate immunizations.
- To provide or facilitate third party payments for immunizations, e.g., medical assistance.
- To assess immunization coverage rates.
- To accomplish other public health purposes as determined by IDPH.
* What this means is that your child’s immunization data will be electronically transmitted to the I-Care registry whenever immunizations are administered in our office.
Who can access this information?
Health Care providers, local Health Department, elementary or secondary schools, licensed child care centers, licensed child-placing agencies, College or University Illino is Department of Public Health employees and their authorized agents.
Should you choose not to participate in the I-CARE Registry, you may opt out by signing the “opt out” registry form available in our office. You may obtain one simply by requesting it at the front desk.
*Illinois Department of Public Health - Version 07.25.12